Drink water while exercising? What a coincidence! We do too.
Here are some fun facts Culligan supplied about water that you may have not realized or known about:
- Approximately 80% of your brain tissue is made of water (about the same percentage of water found in a living tree – maybe this is why people hit their heads and say “knock on wood”?).
- The average person can live without food for nearly a month, but we could only survive about one week without water—that’s how essential water is to human life. Some of us can’t go a day without coffee, but that’s a different story.
- Drinking enough water everyday can help reduce heart disease and cancer. Water helps flush toxins out of your body, and the fewer toxins that come into contact with your colon, bladder, and other organs, the less chance that critical ailments can develop. Some mornings there is a greater need for toxin flushing than others.
- Smile. Good hydration can help reduce cavities and tooth decay. Water helps produce saliva, which keeps your mouth and teeth clean.
- There is the same amount of water on Earth as there was when the planet was formed. Believe it or not, the water you drink could share the same molecules that dinosaurs drank. Don’t think too much about this, though.
We all know the value that H2O brings to the table, not just in athletics, but everyday life. After all, it makes up roughly 60% of our bodies, and there’s not a single organism on the planet that can survive without it.
Corporate Social Responsibility has a positive impact on social, economic and environmental factors. RuntheWorld has the mission to connect people and socially responsible businesses with social projects, while having the goal of long-term positive social impact. As a matter of fact, we believe in the importance of Corporate Social Responsibility and partner with companies who build their whole project around it. CSR is an evolving business practice that incorporates sustainable development into a company’s business model. Combining our mission with both NEA and Green Motive offers the opportunity for a lot of success, and an even greater impact.
Alex Dakov, both owner and CEO of Agua NEA and Green Motive saw the importance of water in the world and the issue of what was happening to it. Thanks to Agua NEA, we have become aware that every year more than 8,500 tons of plastic are thrown into the sea. That’s why Agua NEA has decided to look further and bring an alternative to plastic. Agua NEA and Oceanic Global joined together in the “#loquenovemos project”. A series of awareness-raising actions on various beaches and cities where underwater activations and clean-ups will be carried out.
Along with Agua NEA, Green Motive provides sustainable alternatives to customers and consumers with the highest quality 100% environmentally friendly products. Green Motive’s high quality paper straws allow consumers to enjoy the benefits and comforts of today’s life without sacrificing sustainable consumption and environmental protection.
Alex Dakov came along for the journey of a lifetime, partaking in our Sierra Leone Marathon. After Alex took on this escapade, he experienced traveling in a different way by combining sport, solidarity, and adventure. By experiencing such an unforgettable adventure with each other, it was inevitable that we would partner up to take on our common goals together. RuntheWorld, Agua NEA, and Green Motive will not only better our planet together, but also have an unforgettable experience while doing it. Come be a part of it with us!
Testimony from Alex Dakov: “Traveling with Runtheworld has been an unforgettable experience. After many trips around the world, with Runtheworld I have discovered a different way to travel. Combining sport, solidarity and adventure have made each of the days of this trip a unique experience. Also, I was lucky enough to share it with wonderful people that I will never forget. Without a doubt an experience that remains in the deepest part of my heart.”